Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Rain Barrels working like a charm.

I installed my rain barrels on the weekend. I'll post a picture when I have one. The joined barrels can hold 400L. I have collected this much at least 3 times since Sunday. We had 3 major down pour on Sunday and after the first downpour my barrels were full. I need to get more barrels or a water crate. In the meantime I have picked up 2 of these Collapsable Barrels from Costco. They should help with the extra water for the time being. They can hold 400L each so once Installed, I'll be harvesting 1200L every rain fall. Which should equate to about an inch of water in my pool.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is good bro! I like it, this looking for ways to be more green and so forth. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Louise and I are also searching for new ways to be more ecologically friendly...

Steve said...

Stay tuned, I'll be posting ideas as I come accross them.

Anonymous said...

Over on my blog I have some websites posted there to help any and all interested in going a little more green! Check'em out...

Steve said...

Will do

Anonymous said...

you might want to check out http://www.aquabarrel.com for downspout filters, downspout diverters and first flush units