Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Weekend of Cakes

We had a full weekend. My sister came down to celebrate my kids birthdays. Sam was on the 18th and David is today (27). We had a dinner with a bunch of the family on Saturday. Got a cake for David since Sam already had a cake for herself the weekend before. David was quite happy to open his gifts. He loved the Crane set, the Jeep, trailer and quad set. He has a Scramble game (2 player perfection)that was a joint gift for him and Sam. Both Kids loved the gifts that Michelle and I got for them. They each got a watch and they were quite happy about that. Then they opened their second gifts. Ottawa Senators Jerseys. David has an "Alfredson" Jersey and Sam has a "Meszaros" Jersey, their favorite players. It warmed my heart to see the joy on their face when they opened it. The shrieks of joy was beautiful music. David threw his arms around Michelle's neck after she read "Alfredson" for him. He was quite happy.

Well that was on Saturday. Sunday we had a little breakfast with Nat, Dan and Jon. They left early wanting to be in Timmins for the evening. Michelle spent a good part of the day putting plastic window covering on all the windows upstairs. We are hoping that it will help with the heating this winter.

Sunday afternoon was dedicated to round 2 and 3 of the cakes that we had to celebrate. Michelle's mom, Janice, made 2 cakes. The first was a family recipe carrot cake (The best I've ever had) and the second was a chocolate with chocolate chips with no icing as per the instruction. These cakes were for Bobby(30th) and Christine (24th). Now we are caked out. I didn't actually have a piece of the chocolate cake opting for the best in the world Carrot cake. But I did have a few crums of it. I was afraid that it would have been dry but it was very mosit and quite good.

Yesterday, my Christmas present arrived. I got 2 Car seats and Floor mats and a steering wheel cover, all with the new Senators Logo. I put them in my car and it looks really sharp.

Today, I will leave work early to take David to a movie this afternoon. Then we are bringing him to the restaurant of his choice, Lone Star. It hope he has a special birthday.

No comments: