Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Date

Last night Michelle and I went out, just the 2 of us. It had been a long time. It was nice to have a quiet dinner in a fancy restaurant without having to get up to bring one of the kids to the bathroom halfway through the meal. We don't get much of a chance to go out like this. Even if we have live-in babysitters, we don't like to abuse that priviledge. We already tap into taht twice a week to go to the gym, after the kids go to bed mind you, but we still appreciate them being there for us to be able to do that.
After dinner, we went to a movie. Must be the worst movie I have seen in years. The Heartbreak Kid had the usual crude scenes that you would see in a movie of it's gendre, the usual occasional swear words, I was however surprised by the brief nudity. In the end none of those things would have mattered had the plot been different. The story goes, single guy who just turn 40, finds a girl, who he convinces himself that she is a great girl. after 6 weeks they get married. On their honeymoon, he realizes that she is "OFF". So off course that gives him the right to pursue another woman. As far as I was concerned, it was a bad decision followed by another bad decision all through the movie. Kinda reminds me of some projects that I have worked on ;-)

We were going to walk out of the movie at some point, but I opted in staying hoping that they would end the movie on a positive note. With maybe a lesson about all the things that were done wrong and a way find peace with all the people involved. But instead the film ends on the same low moral note that it played all along. Silly me!!

My recommendation is to stay away from it.

No comments: