Monday, November 05, 2007

What a weekend

Friday after work, I picked up my commuter car. A 1996 Mazda MX-3 Precidia. It was fun to zip aound in it all weekend. I dropped it back off on Sunday cause I'm getting the bottom repainted to address a bit of the rust and som minor dings here and there. I feel like I got a good deal on that and since my father in law is away this week. there is no better time to get it done.
I took it a little earlier than my mechanic wanted me to since he hadn't had a chance to clean it. I didn't mind driving it for a couple of days while it was still dirty. He going to make sure that it is good and clean when I pick it up after the paint job.

I had planned to do some outside work this weekend. Well, mostly on Saturday. But, alas, I laid in bed all day with no energy. I got hit with a chest cold that sapped the energy right out of me. I slept through most of Saturday. Getting up briefly to find myself drawn back to my bed. It has been a long time since I had a day like that. I was discouraged by this, since it was a beautiful Saturday, not sure how many more we are going to get, plus I have a pile of things to do outside before the snow comes.

Sunday I was expelled from the house with the kids while Michelle hosted a Signature HomeStyles party. I was more than happy to oblige. I wouldn't have wanted to be there at any cost. So, off to Mike's I went and the kids played with his kids while we hung out. After the party was over, we headed back to my place to have supper. The kids got to play some more in a home and home series. It was the first time that the 4 kids both got to play at their friends house and at their own house.

2 comments:

One of Freedom said...

How's the new car seat on your back?

Steve said...

I haven't driven it all that much or for very long. But so far so good.
It's a fun little car.