Thursday, October 25, 2007

Crazy Times

It's been a while since I have blogged.
At the end of August I returned to normal work days. It has help with the home budget but I do miss spending the afternoon with the kids. It was easier for my father-in-law who car pools with me. That is until a few weeks ago when his hours got changed from 8-4 to 9-5. Generally, I like to work 7-3, but I accomodated my hours so that we could save gas and did more of a 7:45-3:45. I'd drop my father-in-law half an hour early and it was good all around. Picking him up at 4:00 meant we didn't get home until 5:00 (or slightly before) with the heavy traffic and having to drive through the core.
Now, I leave at 3:00 and I'm home at 3:30. Avoid the whole traffic thing, that is very nice.

Life has been busy...as usual. We found 1 free weekend in our schedule in the last 3 months and we used it to go visit my parents in New Liskeard and my sister in Timmins. So a free weekend became a busy weekend.
Last weekend we had a Fall Comedy Classic ( the first annual) at Mike and Louise. Given the time of year, they made it into a Halloween party at the same time. It was a great time.
On Sunday the only thing that Michelle and I did was work on our budget. It wasn't as painful as we thought it would be. It felt good to get that done. Then we spent the rest of the day vegging. Something that we hadn't done in a while. I watched a few movies with the kids. Michelle did a lot of reading. Truly a day of rest.
This coming weekend we have 2 b-day parties. Leigh-anne and Chris. One on Saturday and one on Sunday. That fills out the schedule quickly. Plus we want to do alot of work around the yard, the garage, finish in the pool area and look at the car. I'm going to petition to be given a third day on the weekend.

No comments: