Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sore Back

I find very little to be more frustrating than a sore back. On Sunday, I moved dirt, from a big pile into a flat area that we are going to call our garden next year. Everything went well. I had Michelle's help for the most of it and when I was done, I was tired but not to worst off for wear.
For supper that night we went out to Local Heroes on Bank to celebrate my brother-in-law's(Chris) birthday. With a large group you are usually there for a long time. With the low back wooden chair I found myself unable to get comfortable. After we had eaten, it had been 2 hours I go no longer stay there. So we went home. Popped back a couple of Advil, Michelle put A535 on my back and a hour or so later I felt loose enough to walk around again. Yesterday morning I was a bit stiff, but was alright to move around. After a day of work, by the time I got home, I could barely stand straight. I find it extremely frustrating to be in this place. I find myself unable to pick up my kids and play with them. They love to jump on me and rough around. When I am in this place I am unable to do that. I was very grateful that they understood and were compassionate, sometimes I needed to remind them, but they know that it is a time of being gentle with daddy.
Today is a new day, my back is getting looser, I am hopeful that I'll be able to play with the kids when I get home. I miss it.

2 comments:

One of Freedom said...

Hopefully the exercise will help with that. The recurring ache I get is in the nutsack after heavy lifting. Now that sucks. It feels like someone hauled off an kicked me tween the legs. Usually it lasts a day though. The doctor told me to be careful as I'm prone (like my dad) to hernias. If that is what the warning pain is like I definitely don't want the real MacCoy!!! Be prayin' for ya.

Steve said...

Thanks man,much appreciated.
And yeah... don't get a hernia. I hear they are painful and it has a long recovery after the operation.