Thursday, July 12, 2007

A nice treat

I've been getting up really early this week. My goal is to be at work at 6:00 AM. Work a short day and spend the afternoon with my kids. When it's nice we spend time in and around the pool, when it's not so nice we play games inside. So far I'm loving it.
Often when I wake up and get ready for work Samantha wakes up as well and she sees me off before I leave. She is an awesome presence in the morning and it is nice to see her in the morning. David is usually sound asleep and sometimes he'll sleep till 9:00 or later.
This morning as I was getting ready, he came down to see me off. It was a very nice change since I usually don't see him until I get home. He is very affectionate and likes to snuggle with me. This morning he sat on my lap giving me a big hug. It was a very nice treat, one that I know I will not get very often at 5:30 in the morning. He went back to bed after I left, hopefully he got enough sleep to be well rested.

No comments: