Monday, March 05, 2007

Jeep Maintenance

I took my Jeep in for some maintenance last week. The usual oil change, tire rotation, plus I needed my serpentine belt replaced, get the passenger front window looked at (it doesn't work anymore) and get the new seat installed. I left the jeep with the mechanic for the day and went on to work.
I picked up the truck in the evening. Turns out I need a new window motor for the passenger front. That should be done soon. I was excited on getting a new seat installed. You know, one that doesn't rock back and forth.
The new seat is in. It doesn't rock. It looked like it was going to be more comfortable. But I'll let you know that it is not. I drove around a little with it and it kills my back. I was mad. Go through all this trouble to get a new seat, have it installed and now I wish I had my old broken rocking seat.
I'll see if I can get the back of my old seat onto the new seat. that should resolve any issues there. The status quo doesn't work. I guess I'm getting old and I have a bad back now. What can you do?

3 comments:

One of Freedom said...

Might be time to do some exercises that strengthen your back muscles, I think the same is needed for me. I put up with lots of aches and pains that I know adjusting my lifestyle and adding some exercise will help. Can't help with your situation at work - you get a better chair there yet?

Steve said...

I have been going back to the Gym. However, dealing with the Jeep over the last week and a bit has broken up my schedule. Hopefully tonight will be the last visit.
I did get a new chair at work and that has resolved a lot of the back pain. I was going to bring in a chair. But in the 11th hour they 'found' me a chair which was pretty much the type of chair I was going to get for myself.
I couldn't imagine having a bad seat in the Jeep and a bad chair at work. At least now my back gets support and a rest when I'm at work. The trek to and fro is a bit annoying (to put it mildly).
I wanted to post an update on the chair thing but I was unable to post for the longest time.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, I myself is a jeep owner. Maintenance of each part such as the jeep window motor, is really important to keep the jeep in good condition and look as good as brand new.

As to your "back-pain" issue, I think you need an exercise and also check the way/your posture when sitting. Bad/incorrect posture while sitting could cause the back ache. Anyways, glad that your problem has been solve.