Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Pain in the Back

I've been on site here at Innovapost for just over 6 weeks. The overall atmosphere here is great. The people are friendly. My teammates are a great bunch of people. We are all being relocated to being a little closer together. Until this week, we were literally spread out across the building. So having everyone in the same area should prove to a good thing. Everything is going well here, except for my chair. I've tried 3 or 4 different chairs. All of them are not doing any good for my back. I actually bought some Robax Platinum today to cope with the pain. I sent an email to my manager asking is there was anything that could be done early this morning. I haven't heard a thing. Most of the chairs here don't seem to be for me. There is a model chairs in the building here that might come close to addressing the problem. Everywhere else that I worked I had a high-back chair. Here they seem to be sold on the low-back chair. When I first started here I noticed that my lower back was getting sore. In the process of protecting my lower back, I've neglected my upper back. Not a comfortable place to be in.
I know that the solution is simple. I just need a little bit of time addressed to this from my manager. If he comes back and tells me that there is nothing that can be done. I'll bring in my own chair. I have to protect my back. I just need to exhaust my options before I get to that. I also need to know that I'm allowed to do that. I know some places cause a bit of a fuss over something as trivial as that.

No comments: