Thursday, February 08, 2007

New Seat.

I've been trying to find a replacement driver's seat for my 2000 Jeep Cherokee. It's broken and it rocks back and forth. Everynow and then I hear a new crunch which results in making to rocking motion a little more pronounced. It's a common thing for the Jeep Cherokee, so I am told.
When I had the Jeep in the shop in the fall, the shop manager told me that he couldn't locate one. I tried calling a dealer and he said that they couldn't get something like that.
I've been looking online for quite some time for aftermarket seats that might work and got nowhere. Yesterday, I came across Dave's Truck and Auto Parts. It's a scrapyard in Carp. They have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee with a smashed up front ent. Had I known this in the fall I could have saved a few dollars on my tailight. Nonetheless, it is good to know that someone has parts for my Jeep, as long as I don't need anything from the front-end.
So I am going to have a look at this seat. Hopefully, this one will not be broken. If it can last another 7 years then that will be great.
Here is hoping.

No comments: