Friday, March 23, 2007

Michelle broke her arm.

Yesterday morning, while I was at work. I got a phone call from my wife. There was obviously something wrong, I could tell by the way she told me that I had to come home right away. She told me that she had slipped on ice and broke her arm, at least she thought it was broken. I rushed home, as much of a rush that you can do in 9:00 AM traffic going through downtown. Her mother got a ride from home and was able to get there quick and tend to her as well as she could. She managed to get David packed up and ready to go. I helped Michelle get ready for the trek to the hospital. David skipped school, instead he had a field trip to grandma's work. I dropped them off at grandma's work and brought Michelle to the Emergency at the General Hospital.
At the hospital we proceed to waiting..waiting. From room to room we waited. We were sent to the X-ray lab. We waited there. We return to the emergency, we waited there. We were given a room in the Emergency area. That is where we waited the longest. We saw a med student, then a doctor, then a nurse. The nurse brough pain killers for Michelle. After being in the room for 3 hours, I enquired about some progress. The girl told me that I have to wait in the room. I told her that we had been doing that for 3 hours. She then told me that she would send the nurse.
An hour and half went by an no nurse came by.
Then all of a sudden the plaster doctor came by and told us that no one told him that we were waiting. He was very apologetic. He quickly set the bone in it's place, put the cast on, then set us to have another X-ray. After the x-ray we were walking back to the Emergency room, we saw him in the hallway. He took the slip and told us he would meet us in out room. A few minutes later, he shows up with prescription for pain killers, a slip to book an appoinment a week from now and he told us that all was good and we could go home. We waited 8.5 hours for something that took half an hour.
never the less we were just glad to be leaving. We were quite hungry so we stopped at Local Heroes, had a quick bite and went to pick up the kids at Michelle's parents. The kids were glad to see that mommy was doing fine, they can't wait to write on her cast now.
A few weeks and Michelle should be back to normal. I am just glad that she is ok and that it was a "good break" as the doctors put it.

4 comments:

One of Freedom said...

That'll learn her trying to show off her break dancing moves for the other moms at the bus. Seriously, that really sucks. I'll make sure we pray for Michelle on Wednesday. How's your message coming? You still good?

Steve said...

I haven't had anytime to prepare a message. I think I have some ideas of things to discuss, but I have to be able to think clearly for a few minutes to sort them out at least in my head. I am so fried.

One of Freedom said...

Let's just run with whatever happens. Maybe we turn the evening into a time of praying for each other. BJ can't make it, Bob is away, I'm finally done my papers but am still fried too. Worse case we just enjoy each other for an evening.

Steve said...

Works for me :)