Monday, September 08, 2008

Green Party of Ontario

I found out over the weekend that an old friend, from OYA is now involved with the Green Party of Ontario (GPO). I am not convinced that Shane would remember me, I was the sound guy that came in and helped out for a while. Not long after I got involved Shane resigned from OYA.
Today I went looking for him and found him.
His Blog is here.
His GPO page

I am thrilled to find an old colleague like this involved with the Green Party. I've been moving towards green for the last couple of years. It has been a change in philosophy in many areas in my life. My wife has been on the journey with me.

Now, to find Shane involved at the level that he is, talk about encouraging. I wish you the best of luck in what you are doing Shane, I hope to see you win your riding and serve in parliament for years to come.

6 comments:

One of Freedom said...

Shane did really amazing last election. He'll remember you, he remembered me. Did you know that I've had classes with Elizabeth May? I haven't seen her on campus this semester, but she's usually around.

Steve said...

Cool, did you know that she was involved with the Green Party at the time? It is great to rub shoulders with people that want to infuence this generation.

One of Freedom said...

I didn't when I first met her, but after a bit it clicked.

BTW I just heard she is going to be in the national debate! That is an answer to prayer.

Steve said...

Yeah I heard that this morning. I listen to the Radio on the bus in the morning and I almost yelled out "Yeah!!!!" when I heard it. It will put the Green Party on the Map.

Anonymous said...

Finally the Green Party will participate in the debate!!! I think Dion will choke on the bones of the "green shift plan" over the next month, and I think the Bloc will lose ground in Québec.

The NDP may pick up a few more seats, and I think the Conservatives will come away a little stronger.

BUT!!! The good news is the GREEN PARTY may FINALLY get some representation in the HOUSE!!! Could be time to CELEBRATE!!!!

Shane D Jolley said...

I absolutely remember you Steve. Thanks again for all your good work back in the '90's.

I too came around to green thinking gradually. It was primarily due to changes in my theological thinking as I began to put scripture above tradition.

I'll likely do some blogging about the topic when I find time.

Good to see you're still kicking.