Tuesday, August 05, 2008

First day back at EDC.

Today I started at EDC, after being gone for 3.5 years, it was nice to see some familiar faces. Everyone was happy to see me rejoin the group, that makes the first day a lot nicer.
The environment has changed a bit since I was there last, but for most part it is the same. People are just as fun to be around. Some people have come and some have gone, but that is normal. Some have been promoted and all have grown in the role that they are in.
I have been fortunate to return to a familiar stomping ground, I had a similar opportunity to reconnect with old colleagues a couple of years ago when I went to Innovapost. It is always nice to see old friends and see how they have developed.

Now at EDC, I plan to be here for a while, the original contract is until the end of the year, then it will be another 7 months to complete the 12 months that they wanted me to agree to. Who knows how long it will go from there. My original contract with them in 2001 was for 6-8 weeks which ended up being 3.5 years.

5 comments:

One of Freedom said...

Hey do you Richard Dufault or Glen Simpson?

If you do we need to plan some pranks! Both those guys are good friends of mine. I think Richard is help desk but Glen is some sort of manager type. Glen lives really close to you, I game at his house every second Friday.

Steve said...

I met them at your b-day bash last year (Bergen and Anastasia's) I think atleast Richard was there.

What knid of pranks do you want to play on them?

One of Freedom said...

Darn. Richard will know you then. I was sure I'd come up with something. Maybe inviting them to a fan club for Marvin the Low Priest of the Fallen Gong and pretending this is an actual person (that's my character in their game). Richard is Red Shirt Games.

Steve said...

Well we haven't interfaced very much so maybe he wouldn't remember me. Atleast perhaps not recognize my name.
Maybe we can plan to meet for lunch and I can send them a meeting request to have lunch with Marvin at (wherever we plan to meet) and see if they respond in favor of joining us. That could be amusing.

Or we can scheme for some other ideas.

Steve said...

Or better yet, I could get one of the guys that I work with involved. Then the connection to you would be completely isolated.