Tuesday, June 05, 2007

First Swim

I spent the better part of Saturday cleaning the pool. It was a hot day. Along with cleaning the pool I helped Michelle with a bit of yard work. I cleaned a bunch of things from the pool area.
All of this while I kept my eyes on the seemingly refreshing water so close to me. When we were done, we were hot, the kids had been bugging us about going swimming. We couldn't resist. Unfortunately, by this time the temperature had started dropping and it looked like rain was on the horizon.

That didn't matter, the kids and I were undeterred. We were going in that pool no matter what. I was the first to go in, then Samantha, then Michelle and finally David. The water felt cold, we had been working out side for a long time, it was about 75 degrees Fahrenheit. David got out pretty much right away. Michelle stayed in for a few minutes but when her feet started getting cold she got out. I stayed with Sam, she was having a blast. splashing in there. Every time the water hit me, it was cold, but I knew she was having fun. After a while, seeing how much fun his sister was having, David came back in. He played for a while and then the time came for all of us to get out.
So Saturday June 2nd was the first day of swimming at our house. Hopefully, we will have a nice summer and we will be able to get some good use out of the pool.

No comments: